What is a carbon fiber guitar, what makes a good carbon fiber guitar, and what are the best carbon fiber guitars in the market right now? Well, we have all of this answered in this read!
A carbon fiber guitar is exactly what the name implies like — a guitar made up of carbon fiber There is just too much speculation around this stuff that it might make us question if the carbon fiber guitar is really stronger than the conventional acoustic guitars, or maybe it’s yet another fad that will eventually die away over the next few years or so.
In this article, we are ready to look at the best-branded products of carbon fiber guitar. Further, we’re going to start looking to answer the eternal questions that most of your guitar junkies are asking a lot – are carbon fiber guitars better than traditional wooden Classical Guitars? Let’s get into it
However, before we begin with our article. I would like to list the guitars we would be talking about. These are the best carbon fiber guitars in the market right now, so they will give you a better overview.
Carbon Fiber VS Wood Guitars – Which is Better?
There seems to be no outright leader when it comes to carbon fiber vs wood guitars since both guitars give something which the other might have and might not have. It’s all back to one’s personal taste. Traditional guitars are good and cost-effective, whereas carbon fiber guitars are more sturdy and costly
Carbon Fiber Vs Wooden Guitars in Price:
Carbon Fiber Guitars: Even though the commercial use of carbon fiber as a material is becoming the better value for money over the last 20 years, the price of carbon fiber guitars can be very unpleasant for the pocket. Many other guitars can end up saving you two thousand bucks; obviously, it depends on the focus on making and the type of guitar — acoustic or electrical.
Traditional Wooden Guitar: The guitar industry has been there for years to learn the procedure of using wood to make its guitars. As a result, the manufacturing company has been able to satisfy the requirements of customers in a variety of price ranges. Price conventional guitars can be purchased for less than a thousand dollars, and you won’t regret your investment.
We cannot decide who wins when it comes to both these guitars as they do not serve the same purpose.
Carbon Fiber Vs Wooden Guitars in Looks:
Carbon Fiber Guitars: it’s extremely difficult to not think of carbon fiber guitars as a wonderful piece of instrument. With its obsidian coloring and stylish curves, the carbon fiber guitar relates to the upper group of 6-stringed instruments. You could even show if you’re off to all your mates both for sound and style.
Traditional Wooden Guitar: whenever it comes to wooden guitars, the appearance may vary largely depends on what kind of wood used. And whether the material is solid wood or just laminated wood. The wooden guitar, however, simply shouts vintage.
Verdict: It always relies on your choice when it comes to appearances. If you’re the one who loves the classics, than the traditional wooden guitar is really perfect for you. But if you’d like a contemporary, revolutionary vibe, the carbon fiber guitar will certainly win the award.
Carbon Fiber Vs Wooden Guitars in Durability
Carbon Fiber Guitars: Carbon fiber is a long, thin strand of materials composed of some carbon atoms. When such carbon atoms are bound together during microscopic crystals, the crystals coincide around each other, trying to make the fiber extremely strong. This intrinsic resilience enables the carbon fiber guitar to be resistant to heat or humidity shifts. Use of carbon fiber also guarantees the prowess of your guitar from probable dents and cracks.
Traditional Wooden Guitar: Although the traditional guitar could at greatest be durable, the truth stands, it can be very weak, especially in comparison to its carbon fiber equivalents. Wooden instruments can inevitably be influenced by variations in weather and humidity that might lead to serious cracking as time passes.
Verdict: The carbon fiber guitar takes the round. It’s just nice to realize that you wouldn’t have to think about the potential harm that a sudden change in weather could do to your instrument. Particularly when you’re a traveling musician whose gigs will take you to locations with differing climates, getting a carbon fiber guitar is a better choice. It’s exactly the sort of balance you’d like in your instrument.
Carbon Fiber Vs Wooden Guitars in Sound
Carbon Fiber Guitars: Carbon fiber guitars generate an even louder sound than your usual acoustic guitar. You could be guaranteed that as greater you hit those notes, the sound is always apparent and tuneful. This is attributable to the fact that the dampers of carbon fiber guitars are compatible from across the acoustic spectrum.
Traditional Wooden Guitar: the type of wood used will have a significant effect on the sort of sound the guitar makes. However, damping is a growing issue for wooden guitars. The higher the keys you make, the murkier the sound it makes. That is since the damping cycle improves as the frequency decreases.
Verdict: Both guitars generate incredibly amazing tones that are distinctive to their material. And for this bracket, carbon fiber guitars definitely win. The coherence of sound clarity is certainly an important consideration.
Best Carbon Fiber Guitars:
Now, we can finally begin with our list of the best carbon fiber guitars. All of these guitars are available on Amazon, so no need to worry about having to find them.
LAVA ME 2 Carbon Fiber Guitar:
Honestly, this is the best acoustic-electric carbon fiber guitar you can get with your money. And it is not even that expensive! If I had to pick one guitar from our list, then it would be this one. It is also awarded as the Amazon’s Choice, so Amazon loves this guitar as well.
This carbon fiber guitar is made from super Air-Sonic carbon fiber material which can withstand temperature fluctuations, unlike the old wooden guitars. The temperature range in which the guitar works is -4°F to 194°F and humidity can be from 10 to 99℅. It has a new feature, a percussion sound reviving mic which improves percussion sound no matter the guitar is plugged or unplugged.
It produces sounds of a large range of frequencies. Its weight is only 3.7 pounds which makes it easy to be lifted and played.
- Constructed using One-piece injection molded technology
- Pickups on the guitar allow it to be played with effects without having to plug it in
- Pickups on the guitar use the rear surface the guitar as a speaker to play reverb, delay and chorus
- FlyNeck adds comfort
- Plek PRO machine
- Super AirSonic Carbon Fiber
- Nut width: 1.69 inches
- Scale length: 23.62 inches
- Advanced features
- Unibody guitar
- Free boost technology
- Doesn’t have to plug to play with effects
- Travel guitar
- It is slightly expensive.
- The World’s Leading Unibody Guitar: One-piece injection moulded technology makes LAVA ME 2 more comfortable to hold, gives it excellent acoustic performance. LAVA ME 2 can offer a loud, wide range frequency tone with its 36 inches body. It weights just 3.7 pounds. Even lighter than most of the laptops.
- Play with Effects without Plugging In: The FreeBoost Technology on the L2 pickups uses rear surface of the LAVA ME as a speaker. Turn on the pickups anywhere anytime, you can freely play with reverb, delay, chorus without an amp. Percussion Effect: The L2 Pickup is now enabled with percussion sound receiving mic. It enhances and embellishes the percussion sound no matter if it is used with or without plugging it in.
- Works on Different Conditions: The Super AirSonic carbon fiber material can adapt to temperatures between -20℃ to 90℃. Humidity from 10% to 90%. LAVA ME 2 would works for you all the time no matter if you are in desert or a polar area.
- A New Level of Playing Experience: The idea of the FlyNeck is to design & build the most comfortable intuitive guitar neck possible. The geometry shape of the FlyNeck was designed by tracking the different forces of shifting positions while players are playing.
- Achieve the Best Playability: The Plek PRO machine is the most advanced guitar fret machining system on the planet. It first scans the fretboard base on the strings tension with the accuracy up to 0.005 mm, it then cuts the frets to the best possible action with the accuracy up to 0.01mm.
Carbon Fiber Collapsible Acoustic Travel Guitar:
This guitar is strong enough to withstand temperature changes. It is made up of real carbon fiber which makes it stable to fluctuating temperatures and durable, which prevents its fingerboards from delaminating and bridges from detaching.
It has a Patented Soundboard design that uses an offset soundhole design along with a unidirectional carbon fiber weave and a patented dampening panel which gives it it’s wooden tone and the bass response. The instrument’s back and sides are also made up of carbon fiber. It has a Wedge design and a deep shoulder depth which allows a loud volume and booming mass to be delivered.
Additionally, it has a rib bevel, an arm bevel, and a scoop away. It comes with a travel case having a TSA compliant fold-out panel for laptops. This allows the laptop to be scanned within its case by the airport security.
- Neck and body are detachable.
- Neck’s angle can be adjusted.
- Core components are made purely of carbon fiber.
- Low C-profile neck.
- A scoop away which allows access to all the frets on the guitar.
- Manzer wedge design.
- Travel case.
- The german-made piezo pickup system.
- Unaffected by temperature changes
- Extra features added to make it’s carrying easy
- Available in only one color.
- Case stitching is not great.
- A STAGEWORTHY TRAVEL GUITAR YOU CAN TAKE ANYWHERE: The OF660 was designed after conducting hundreds of hours of research to design a guitar that fits the demands of professional musicians. DETACHABLE AND ADJUSTABLE NECK: The Overhead travel guitar neck detaches in seconds, so you can pack your guitar away in less than a minute. Our patented detachable stainless steel neck mechanism enables instant adjustment of the neck angle, which means you can change the action in seconds.
- TRUE CARBON FIBER: Unlike other brands that use substantial amounts of plastic injection molding, HPL or wood in their “carbon fiber guitars”, the OF660 premium carbon fiber travel guitar is made from quality pre-impregnated carbon fiber fabrics on all core components for consistent tone and ultimate durability - soundboard, body, neck, fingerboard and bridge. This advantage is proven stability and durability as well as a purer transfer of energy and significantly longer sustain.
- 14 FRET NECK JOINT WITH SCOOPAWAY: This travel guitar plays like a full sized guitar with a 24.5 inch scale. The scoopaway gives access to all 20 frets, but helps retain much of the volume of a non-cutaway guitar. The low-c profile neck is super comfortable to play. ULTRA ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The OF660 features a thicker Manzer Wedge design that angles the guitar for extra comfort which allows the smaller body size to deliver great volume and booming bass.
- CARRY-ON CASE/BACKPACK: After packing in its travel backpack, the Overhead travel guitar can be carried-on all major airlines, easily fitting in the overhead compartment. The travel backpack includes room for pedals, cables, tablets and accessories and has a padded TSA compliant laptop fold-out panel for quickly moving through airport security. PREMIUM PASSIVE PICKUP: Proprietary under-bridge German-made Piezo pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars
- THE ULTIMATE TRAVEL GUITAR: If you’re looking for the best travel experience you’ll ever enjoy – look no further. This guitar has made it up Mt Everest, traveled through the Sahara, played in a wedding in Antarctica, and island-hopped in the Caribbean and Asia. If you’re really going to travel and you love to play guitar – this is the one.
KLOS Black Carbon Fibre Travel Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
This is another great carbon fiber guitar on our list. This comes in our acoustic-electric travel category.
The exterior of the soundboard of this guitar is made up of carbon fiber, and its internal structure is made up of foam. The detachable neck is attached to the body using screws which means it is possible for it to be detached when packing it. It’s a bag that has the ability to be converted to a smaller backpack.
The wooden neck is made stronger and resistant to temperature changes by a pair of carbon stiffening rods. The headstock is straight at ninety degrees without any tilt, unlike many other guitars. As it is an electric guitar, you need 19 V batteries to play it. Its fretboard is made up of Brazilian Cherry and the neck is made of mahogany. Which makes it very comfortable to play with.
- Strong carbon fiber guitar
- Invulnerable to temperature and humidity changes.
- Has a powerful sound system as well
- Fishman Sonitone Onboard Preamp system, consisting of a soundhole mounted preamp with volume and tone controls.
- Convenient length
- Detachable neck attached to the body by screws
- Mahogany neck.
- The travel case can be converted to a backpack.
- Full kit available which includes a gig bag, high-end cotton, and leather no-slip guitar strap, KLOS branded screwdriver for easy guitar disassembly, a KLOS branded aluminum capo, hex wrench to adjust the neck truss rod, custom neck sleeve for guitar neck protection and, custom-fitted gig bag rain cover
- Good sound system
- It can be played acoustically.
- It can also be played by plugging it into an amp or PA.
- Suitable for both beginners and professionals
- Does not require much space for packing
- Requires batteries
- Available in only one color
- CARBON FIBER and DURABLE: Carbon fiber is a composite material that will not warp or crack over time unlike wood instruments. It has a very high strength to weight ratio. This means that carbon fiber is tough, resonant, and resistant to temperature and humidity changes. KLOS guitars have hiked the longest trails in the world and climbed the tallest mountains! No need to humidify this instrument.
- SOUND: The KLOS carbon fiber travel guitar has a sound people describe as very rich, loud and resonant with a nice balanced tone. KLOS guitars compare favorably to acoustic guitars from all the top wood and carbon fiber brands.
- VERSATILE: At just 2.88 lbs, the KLOS Carbon Fiber Travel Acoustic Guitar is the ultimate instrument suitable for both experts and beginners. The full scale length with easy access to the upper frets compliments a comfortable fingerboard width and body size.
- UNIQUE and REMOVABLE NECK: Disconnect the neck in seconds by removing 4 screws. KLOS Guitars makes the only hybrid carbon fiber acoustic guitar with a premium mahogany neck. Our gig bag and neck sleeve combination allows the guitar guitar to be worn like a backpack when assembled or disassembled. KLOS Guitars are proudly made in USA!
- FULL KIT: Buy on Amazon to receive a full kit including a custom made gig bag, high-end cotton and leather no-slip guitar strap, custom neck sleeve for guitar neck protection, a custom fitted gig bag rain cover, a KLOS branded screwdriver for easy guitar disassembly, a KLOS branded aluminum capo, and a hex wrench for adjusting the neck truss rod.
38″ Slim Carbon Fiber Guitar:
If you are looking for a strong, simple carbon fiber guitar, then this one would do you the trick.
This guitar comes in three coolers, blank, pink, and white. The neck of the guitar is made of Okoume wood. While the entire body of the guitar including its back and the front is made up of carbon fiber, which we are interested in. Its fretboard is made of purpleheart, a violet-colored wood. The top of the guitar is made of Agathis.
The total number of strings in this particular guitar is six, and the guitar’s bridge system is a hardtail.
- Carbon fiber body
- Slim body and neck
- Curly back
- ABS Scale: 590 mm
- Available in many colors
- A little expensive
- International shipping isn’t available yet.
- Carbon fiber back provides extra strong guitar body, worry free of collision with other items
- Slim body and neck design allows your fingers to dance, suitable for children & lady
- Curly back design, easy to hold and especially suitable for people with belly tummy
- Various color for choose, white/black/pink/green, which is more attractive to children
- Light in weight for a 38" acoustic guitar, only 3.5kg, you can take it for a trip without any effort
These days, guitars come in many shapes and forms. Normally, buying a guitar is most likely a one-time investment for a long time – make sure you do it right. It is better to get an expensive thing once than buying cheap but mediocre things ten times. That is why we listed the best possible carbon fiber guitars, so you cannot go wrong with your purchase.
If you’re looking for a guitar to buy for your child, then I would suggest you read our Best Guitars For Kids article.