As a musician, we depend on our ears to produce all sorts of interesting music. They maintain our rhythm, ensure our equipment is sounding the way we like, and help us get ideas from all kinds of ways. Ultimately, without them, we would have failed to do the things that we do very much. And it makes sense to allow them a little support–here’s our choice of the best earplugs for musicians and performers.
Of course, your listening varies through the course of your life, particularly if you’re a guitarist, singer, DJ, or studio musician. But with an approximate one in every eight individuals in the United States-of all ages-suffering from any sort of hearing impairment, it is important that performers, in general, take action to safeguard their hearing loss.
Luckily, the innovation behind safe earplugs has changed considerably, and they’re no longer a needed evil. Gone are the bulky plastic items that we used to have, with today’s models distinctly lower-profile. The reference should clarify more, along with some of the latest earplugs for musicians today.
The Best Earplugs for Musicians Right Now
While many brands of earplugs seem to promise the same (or similar) levels of noise reduction, and most use the same (or similar) materials to produce their buds, we did notice a couple of important differences between the plugs we tested.
Top 5 Best Earplugs:
Read below to find out our top picks of earplugs for all those musicians and performers who are what they are because of their ears:
1. Eargasm High Fidelity Earplugs
Eargasm High Fidelity is one of the best earplugs for musicians in the market right now. It is made for standard and/or larger ears, and offers special models for smaller ears, Eargasm is perfect in terms of comfort, as it is soft for the ears and can be easily used for longer times without your ears hurting.
These transparent, soft, comfort providing plugs come in different sizes to cater to all sorts of users. They are essentially handy for those who conduct concerts or the most regular musicians. You can get two pairs in one pack.
Moreover, the earplugs come with hypoallergic silicone and are constructed with a standard three membrane coming with a pull tab attached to the outer membrane. It comes with a package of the aluminum casing, which has a waterproof rubber seal to protect the non-stick interior. While they provide comfortable usage, they are highly recommended most essentially for those who are serious musicians and conduct ongoing stage concerts or major music programs.
The NRR rating for this earpiece is 16dB, which further affirms its capability to be one of the best earplugs with high fidelity.
- Two pairs in one pack
- Made up of hypoallergic silicone
- Constructed with three membranes coming
- Attached pull tab
- Waterproof rubber seal
- Aluminum casing
- Soft and comfortable wear allows maximum usage
- Acts as an unbeatable noise barrier for the musicians
- A chic look is achieved by the aluminum case and protection provided for further usage with safety
- Comes with two pairs with variations in sizes leaving almost no room for disappointment to exchange or return due to sizes
- Due to high quality and service provision, these earplugs maybe a little over the top in pricing
- Due to the construction, processing and packaging have undergone, these earplugs require strict maintenance, or they would be of less or no use
- Mostly available in only transparent ones
- PROTECT YOUR HEARING from harmful noise levels at loud events. Cut out excess sound from everyday life and your favorite activities.
- PRESERVES SOUND QUALITY with our patent pending innovative attenuation filters. Reduces noise evenly to maintain the full spectrum of sound while protecting hearing. Won’t muffle music or voices as foam plugs do.
- GET THE PERFECT FIT with two pairs of different sized earplug shells included with every order. Fits most normal to large ear sizes. Insert the included pair of attenuation filters into preferred shell size and earplugs are ready for immediate use!
- HYPOALLERGENIC PLUSH SILICONE earplug shells are non-toxic and comfortable for prolonged wear. Won’t cause itching or pressure pain. Ideal for all-day wear at festivals and long band practices.
- ERGONOMIC ALUMINUM CASE is over 35% shorter than competing brands for easy storage on your keychain. An anti-stick interior guarantees earplugs will always be easily removable. Waterproof rubber seal ensures their protection from moisture, dust and debris. Threading is uniquely placed on exterior of canister to prevent damage to earplugs when opening and closing.
2. EarDial High Fidelity Earplugs
Going unnoticed with this type of small, handy transparent earplug is going to make any musician look like a real rock star. This way, even the musician himself need not worry about any part of this earpiece hanging outside of his ear and can pay full attention to his performances.
It is recommended for all types of musicians and any persons requiring major sound blockages like bikers and airplane passengers; this earpiece is super comfortable and surely can be used to its maximum extent. This comes with a luminescent sticker, and a further unique touch given to the packaging is the shaping in an antique manner with that of and scrolled paper of olden times sent for conveying messages.
Furthermore, adding to its uniqueness as well as quality is the ease of sliding the earpiece in and out easily due to it being protected by the earwax. This way, these earplugs prove to be easy, unnoticeable, long-lasting, and unique as well, making it one of the best earplugs for musicians.
- Made of hypoallergic silicone
- Comes with a luminescent sticker in aluminum packaging
- Shaped in an antique manner
- Maximum noise blockage and noise filtration
- Due to high fidelity demands in most earpieces, even this one contains hypoallergic silicone
- Provides the maximum protection with comfort to your ears
- The unique designing is a key impression
- Aluminum cases provide a great look and protection
- Can be accessed through mobile apps without any confusion
- High-end quality and great designing allow the cons to be limited to only the fact that since these are not primarily Bluetooth earphones, not many options are provided for the mobile app engagement.
- HIGH FIDELITY, PRECISE NOISE FILTRATION. Hear the music and chat with your friends while protecting yourself from harmful sound decibels.
- LOW-PROFILE DESIGN, HIGH TRANSPARENCY. Almost invisible when you put them in your ears, no matter your skin color.
- SOFT, HYPOALLERGENIC SILICONE. Wear them comfortably for long hours, even for the most sensitive, with exclusive earwax protection.
- COMPACT ALUMINIUM CASE. Easy to store, take out, and carry around at all times. Optional luminescent sticker to find in the dark included.
- COMPANION MOBILE APP. Know the sound level around you, and how long you can stay safely.
3. Earpeace HD Concert Earplugs
These are mainly to be used for indoor as well as outdoor performances with great storage in aluminum packaging. Sound quality is retained well, and great sealing helps with longer usage. Thus your earpiece does not fall out amidst dancing or performing. This way, irrelevant noise clutters are muted, and the music only can be more enjoyable.
There are different levels of maximum to minimum protection provided depending upon the extent of high-end performance and noise blockage needed for the extent of an event. The stage equipment and speaker extents may also determine the protection needed for each situation and how much it would vary from person to person.
Therefore, these are not only high-quality earplugs for musicians but can be your go-to earplugs if you have a concert night out.
- Covers both indoor and outdoor performance
- Comes with an aluminum case
- Variable protection provided
- It is known for providing great sound quality and protection
- Works for persons both indoors and outdoors
- Have a good sealing mechanism
- Noise reduction is not as great as expected
- Might ache in the ear canal if used for long hours
4. Etymotic High Fidelity Earplugs
These earplugs would fit many users as they are variable in size and design. Its 3-flange design enables lowering decibels by up to 20dB.
Known to be industry-leading, these earplugs provide one of the best customer experiences and come with a sleek, no stem design to sit comfortably in the ears and go unnoticed. They offer a variation in the frequencies required without compromising on sound quality. However, due to the design, they might not suit everyone, but it’s a matter of opinion.
These earplugs are tech-based user-friendly ones easy for all frequencies to be heard. There are a 20dB equal sound cancellation and great clarity for listeners and are reusable several times, making the most out of their high-end quality.
- Comes with a carry case
- Neck cord provided with extra foam tips
- Made with the silicone material
- Variable with the users
- Though it’s special innovated features, it replicates the usual response of the ear canal
- Sound levels are reduced evenly onto all frequencies without causing major sound disturbances
- Music quality is clear but safer than usual outputs provided by earplugs
- Due to foam tips, sound results may be muffled and unclear
- The seal needs to be properly in the air canal to prevent a fall out which may be a little troublesome
- May create pressure on ears
- Includes: 1 pair standard fit ETY Plugs with blue tips, neck cord, and carrying case
- Replicates the natural response of the ear, so sound quality is the same as the original, only quieter. Music and speech are clear, not muffled.
- Reduces risk of hearing damage from loud noise such as concerts, theatres, airshows, parades, athletic and motorsports events.
- Enhances the music experience; Allows musicians to hear their own instrument and their blend with others.
- Not recommended for use with impulse noise, e.g., shooting sports. Not recommended for sleeping.
5. Reverbs High Fidelity Earplugs
The set comes with two pairs: one stronger, one weaker with two sizes of the shells. It is great for minute irrelevant sound blockage and enhancing the more important sounds and voices without clutter. Providing premium noise protection for musicians and great sound quality, these earplugs come in a special chic design to make the person look more high tech.
It also makes you look professional, and again, be unnoticed wearing them while also protecting his ears from unimportant clutters. Easily worn and removed, it is a long-lasting usage for this one.
This piece helps to reduce overall dB levels, making it unmatched in audio protection.
- Hypo allergic silicone used for safe usage
- 3-flanged style
- Two different types for different levels of noise protection filters
- Provided with a durable case
- Noise cancellation is impressive
- Fits perfectly and comfortably
- Noise reduction up to 28dB
- Made with natural soft silicone
- May get too fragile and breakable
- There are size constraints
- Might hinder in hearing temporarily
- ✔ NEW AND IMPROVED FILTERS! Newly designed filters offer unmatched audio preservation while reducing overall dB level.
- ✔ IMPROVED FIT! Reverbs 2.0 feature a refined fit that is comfortable for extended wear, and easy to insert and remove!
- ✔ INCLUDES 2 SIZES OF SHELLS. Each set contains 1 set of filters and 2 sizes of silicone shells to fit a wide range of ear types and sizes.
- ✔ DISCREET DESIGN allows you to protect your ears without looking like a weirdo. Made with transparent hypo-allergenic silicone and designed to be as subtle as possible.
- ✔ PREMIUM HEARING PROTECTION for musicians, DJs, concerts, raves, festivals, motorcycles and any noisy activity.
The safety of your ears is as important as your performance. Ensure that you get hands-on one of our top picks to ensure that you get the best product at the best prices, best comfort, and best look. If you have a child guitarist at your home, then this should be a definite purchase for him.
You might want to check out our other article on safety, Does Your Hand Hurt After Playing The Guitar, as well. That would help you with any hand pains you have.